While email is by no means a new technology, the systems we use to store and distribute them continue to evolve to meet the ever increasing demand. At 3aIT, we now recommend Microsoft's email offerings to our clients, and have gained Microsoft silver small and midmarket cloud solutions partner status. For personal email and small to medium size businesses, we now tend to steer clients towards Microsoft's Office 365 service.
We are able to offer rates better than those paid when going to Microsoft direct for these services. For the larger organsiations, while Office 365 is also an option, we also have significant Microsoft Exchange expertise, and can deploy this in cases that an on-premises or hosted solution is the best course of action.
Why use Microsoft Office 365?
- Simple to set up email accounts on all devices. Just enter your email and password, and then you're done!
- Generous total email allowance
- Powerful web-based email access that is increasingly indistinguishable from the full version of Outlook
- High uptime ensured by robust cloud-based infrastructure
- Package can be expanded to include other Microsoft Office apps such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Why use Microsoft Exchange?
- No ongoing charges (ensuring the software and hardware remains up to date and powerful enough for current demands aside)
- Ultimate flexibility over your email setup
- Sometime needed for compliance purposes. With an on-premises Microsoft Exchange setup, you know exactly where your email is stored and who has access to it
- If permanent internet access may be an issue on a particular site, all existing email can still be accessed for those working from the same location as the Exchange server
While Office 365 does offer a robust feature set, we've partnered with Fusemail to provide an extra level of security, continuity and peace of mind for those that need it. The primary reason we recommend Fusemail's services is as an extra level of spam scanning before email even hits your inbox.