Junior Web Developer
We are looking to expand our development team with the introduction of a new junior web developer. This role would likely suit someone recently out of university / school ready to start gaining real-world experience using the skills they have been learning (although those with more experience are welcome to apply).
The initial work will likely be dominated with managing content, updates, layout and back-end work for websites / web systems we manage. These are primarily written in Joomla with a handful using Wordpress, so some prior experience with these would be highly desirable. Beyond that, as part of a small team, there will be the opportunity to hone your skills in particular areas that naturally present themselves as new projects dicate.
The successful candidate would be based in our Horsham office full-time, although there are opportunities for some home working. There is no requirement to use a specific operating system - you can use whatever you are most comfortable with.
- Very good grasp of English - necessary when checking website copy and contacting clients
- Some knowledge of PHP and SQL
- A working knowledge of Joomla and Wordpress
- Ability to work with clients to build a specification to work from for any given project
- Good time management and independent prioritisation skills
- Good at problem solving
- Computer based degree
- Knowledge of jQuery
- Ability to work with 3rd party APIs
- Knowledge of Git version control
Salary depending on experience.